Medical Card Braces Coverage in Chicago and Illinois
Orthodontists Dr. Yarmolyuk and Dr. Arboleda-Lopez accept patients with Illinois Medical Card (Medicaid, Public Aid, All Kids insurance, Tarjeta Médica) for orthodontic treatment: braces and Invisalign. If your child has Illinois Medical Card program his orthodontic treatment could be covered under the Medical Card program. To be eligible for orthodontic coverage your child must first be seen for a consultation by one of our orthodontists and, then get a pre-approval from the state of Illinois. For details about Medical Card braces coverage in Illinois, please read bellow or call our Arlington Heights or Chicago (Harwood Heights) office to set up a free consultation with one of our Medicaid approved orthodontists.
Medical Card Orthodontic/Braces Coverage in Chicago and Illinois Explained
Medical Card (Medicaid, AllKids insurances, PublicAid, Tarjeta Médica) is a government-funded health care coverage available to low-income families and individuals in the state of Illinois. Illinois has two Medical Card programs for children: Family Care and All Kids. All Kids insurance provides health care to children of low-income families, while Family Care provides coverage for children and their parents. Both of these Medical Card programs might assists in paying for your child’s braces.
Who qualifies for braces under Illinois Medical Card (Medicaid, Public Aid, Tarjeta Médica)?
Children covered under Illinois Medical Card are eligible for orthodontic coverage as long as they have all permanent teeth and get pre-approved by the state of Illinois for braces. The first step to getting a state pre-approval is obtaining a consultation with one of our state approved orthodontists. Our orthodontists serve the residents of the following areas:
- Cook County: Chicago, Mount Prospect, Des Plaines, Wheeling, Arlington Heights, Skokie, Prospect Heights, Forest Park, Elk Grove Village, Palatine, Schaumburg, Niles, Glenview, Northbrook, Evanston, Wheeling, Park Ridge, Berwyn, Rolling Meadows, Blue Island, Burbank, Bridgeview, Calumet City, Harvey, Hometown, Markham, Oak Forest, Oak Lawn, Palos Heights, Palos Hills, Cicero, Barrington, Alsip, Brookfield, Flossmoor, Rolling Meadows.
- DuPage County: Wood Dale, Aurora, Batavia, Elmhurst, Naperville, St. Charles, Wheaton, Bensenville, Burr Ridge, Lisle, Glendale Heights, Glen Ellyn, Itasca, Lombard, Roselle, Villa Park, Bartlett, Carol Stream, Addison, Roselle, Bloomingdale, Bolingbrook, Westmont, Woodridge, Willowbrook.
- McHenry County: Woodstock, McHenry, Crystal Lake, Huntley, Lake in the Hills, Algonquin, Cary, Island Lake, Harvard, Morengo, Johnsburg, Spring Grove, Lakemoor
- Lake County: Waukegan, Zion, Round Lake, North Chicago, Highwood, Buffalo Grove, Northbrook, Deerfield, Lake Zurich, Mundelein, Gurnee, Grayslake, Libertyville, Highland Park, Lindenhurst, Lake Villa, Zion, Antioch, Vernon Hills, Wauconda, Fox Lake, Winthrop Harbor, Linconshire, Lake Bluff, Beach Park, Waukegan.
- Kane County: Burlington, Big Rock, Hoffman Estates, Campton Hills, East Dundee, Elburn, Geneva, Gilberts, Sugar Grove, Kaneville, St. Charles, Sleepy Hollow, West Dundee, Carpentersville, Elgin, Algonquin, Dundee, Cary
- Boone county: Belvidere, Poplar Grove, Caledonia, Capron, Cherry Valley, Timberlane
- Winnebago county: Rockford, Rockton, Loves Park, Roscoe, Winnebago, Owens, South Beloit, New Millford, Harrison, Machesney Park, Cortland
- DeKalb County: DeKalb, Sycamore, Genoa
- Ogle County: Rochelle, Oregon, Byron
- Lee County: Dixon, Sterling
- Stephenson County: Freeport, Lena
- Kankakee County: Bourbonnais, Kankakee, Monteno
- Will County: Channahon, Lockport, Frankfort, Mokena, New Lenox, Plainfield, Shorewood, Romeoville, Minooka, Joliet, Bolingbrook, Tinley Park
- Kendall County: Plano, Sandwich, Oswego, Yorkville
- LaSalle County: Ottawa
- Carrol County
- Whiteside County
- Grundy County
- Other Illinois Counties
What type of orthodontic treatment can be covered by Medical Card (Medicaid, Tarjeta Médica, Public Aid)?
Comprehenisive (full braces) orthodontic treatment (braces) can be covered by Illinois Medical Card (Medicaid, Public Aid, AllKids insurance). Phase I orthodontic treatment, also known as interceptive or early treatment such as growth modification, palatal (upper jaw) expansion and multiple other fixed and/or removable orthodontic appliances are not covered by Illinois Medical Card. If you child requires Phase I interceptive treatment or a fixed or removable orthodontic appliance other than braces, you will be responsible for the cost of treatment.
How do I find out if my child qualifies for braces under Illinois Medical Card program?
To find out if your child will be covered for orthodontic treatment, you must first see one of our state-approved orthodontist for a free orthodontic consultation. At the consultation, our orthodontist will evaluate your child and will let you know if he/she qualifies to have the records (photographs and X-ray images) submitted to the state of Illinois pre-approval. There is no charge to you for initial orthodontic consultation and necessary records. Once the records are submitted to the state of Illinois, it takes 2-3 weeks to get a pre-approval decision from the Medical Card administrators. The decision can be either “approved” or “denied” for orthodontic treatment.
What if my child is approved by Illinois Medical Card for braces?
If your child is approved for orthodontic treatment through Illinois Medical Card program, we will schedule you for complete orthodontic records. At this appointment all necessary X-rays, photographs, models, and measurements will be taken and our orthodontist will discuss your child’s treatment plan with you. After the records appointment we can proceed with your child orthodontic treatment (braces or Invisalign).
What if my child is “denied” for braces coverage through Illinois Medical Card (Public Aid, Medicaid, Tarjeta Médica)?
If your child does not qualify for orthodontic treatment through Illinois Medical Card program, you will get a letter stating that the treatment was denied. However, we believe that every child deserves a beautiful and confident smile, so we will work with you to help you establish a financial arrangement that will work for your family’s budget. We understand that your child’s future is very important to you and we will try to do everything possible to help you provide your child with a beautiful and healthy smile for a lifetime. We have multiple payment plans and options that could be customized to your budget.
Orthodontic Experts Ltd.: 1020 S. Arlington Heights Rd. Second Floor Arlington Heights, IL, 60005 tel. (847) 749-4340
Orthodontic Experts of Chicago: 4709 N. Harlem Ave, Harwood Heights, IL 60706 (773) 801-7171
Para obtener información acerca de la que cobertura la tarjeta medica de ortodoncia (frenos) español visitar Tarjeta médica frenos For more information about Illinois Medical Card orthodontic coverage visit Public Aid Braces or Medicaid Orthodontist Illinois websites.