The goal of the complementary initial orthodontic consultation appointment is to:
- Review your dental and medical history
- Get to know you, and find out more about your orthodontic needs and concerns
- Perform a thorough examination and evaluate facial harmony, position and function of the teeth, jaw relationship and health of the jaw joints and facial muscles
- Obtain necessary diagnostic records: radiographs, photographs, and digital 3D models
- Discuss different treatment alternatives(braces, Invisalign, lingual braces, dentofacial orthopedics, orthognathic surgery, etc.) and help you make a decision as to which orthodontic treatment would be best for you.
- Discuss treatment timing, fee estimates, insurance options and payment options.
- Discuss office policies.